Thursday, February 28, 2008

Our Global World


I continue to be fascinated by our "global village."  A Jihad for Love, the first-ever full-feature documentary about LGBT Muslims had its Australian debut in Sydney.  Parvez Sharma and Sandi Dubowski were both there, but guess who else showed up?  My friend Asif from Toronto and Ubaid from London.  I just saw pictures on Asif's facebook page.  I was like WHAT?? What in the world are the two of you doing there?? And why in the world am *I* not there... hehe...

So I'm totally jealous.  Not only where they both there, but they got to hang out with another friend from London - Azeem - who now lives in Sydney.  Crazy world we live in no??  Its sooo cool that these folks all met through the queer Muslim network / grapevine... we've been able to create so many new friendships... I feel lucky and grateful knowing so many wonderful people in different parts of the world.

As internet access and technology grow, so does the ability of more and more queer Muslims and other marginalized communities - to speak out - reach out - and spread the truth about their lives...

Our Global World... Amazing!!

No comments:

Visit BEING FIVE Copyright by George Sfarnas. www.beingfive.blogspot.com